I often hear people say that they are not very successful and think its not that easy. So below are a few tips to help. Remember that you don't need to have rules and sit in full lotus to enjoy the benefits.
During meditation your metabolism and your breath rate go down to a level of rest, twice that of deep sleep.
Tips to help
- Sit: Find a comfy spot
- Stretch: Take a few stretches, to loosen the muscles and tendons allowing you to sit more comfortably.
- Candle: Light a candle and use it as your point of focus as you begin
- Eyes: Close your eyes, this takes away one of your senses and helps you to relax
- Breath: Breathing deep slows the heart rate, relaxes the muscles, focuses the mind
- Wandering: If your mind wanders, don’t give up! When this happens, focus on your breath and carry on, let the thoughts just go ... don’t focus on them.
- Progressive relaxation: place your attention to your feet and invite them to relax…then slowly move your way up the body, inviting as you flow up your body.
- Allow: Allow yourself to just be!